Friday, March 11, 2011

Follow Friday: Here's what I've been reading this week

I've been following some great blog posts this week, and wanted to share them with you. Please check out these fantastic genealogy blogs, many of which inspire me each week.
  • First of all, a HUGE congrats to all the blogs that were included in Family Tree Magazine's 40 Best Genealogy Blogs for 2011. I especially want to congratulate my cousin, Jennifer, over at Climbing My Family Tree for being named one of the best new genealogy bloggers of 2011. Jen and I met online last year while researching our shared 3rd great grandparents, and her blog inspired me to start writing about my own ancestry. Yay, Jen!!
  • Karen, at Genealogy Frame of Mind, is a woman after my own heart. She shares my fascination with the census and wrote a post chock full o' tips on how to research these amazing documents. Definitely worth checking out.
  • Cheryl, from Have You Seen My Roots, is another of Family Tree Magazine's top 40 bloggers (congrats!). This week, in honor of Fearless Females Month, she shared her mom's recipe for Fastnachts. Turns out I'm not the only one who can't resist deep fried dough!
  • I'm a sucker for Civil War history, and Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings has been keeping me informed and entertained with his newly-acquired Civil War Pension File for his 2nd great grandfather,  Isaac Seaver.
Thanks to all of my fellow genealogy writers for a great week in blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Wendy! I'm so glad that you started blogging too. I've really enjoyed your posts. Can't wait to see you on the "new blogs" list next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! I'm really having a lot of fun with this. =)

    ReplyDelete